Simple Tips to Delete a Gmail Account
Google provides various services to its users that are used globally. Some of the most common and widely known services are: Google Search, Google News, YouTube and Gmail. In order to use these services, you need to have a Gmail account. Sometimes you may feel the need to delete a Gmail account. These might be due to a number of reasons. But, if the reason for deleting your account is the forgotten Gmail password or the hacked Gmail account. Let me tell you that you don’t require to delete your Gmail Account, as there are various options available which you can use to recover your Gmail password.
Before proceeding further with the deletion process of the Gmail account, you need to make sure that you no longer wish to use the Gmail account, as the data saved in it will be deleted forever. After making up your mind to delete the Gmail account, it is recommended that you create a backup of the Emails, contacts, and files into other Gmail account. This will ensure that even after the account is deleted, your important Emails and files are not deleted and will be available to you for accessing later.
Steps to delete Gmail Account:
Deleting a Gmail account turns out to be quite a complex process. But, going through the steps mentioned below will make the task a lot easier and faster. Even after you delete the Gmail account, you can keep using Google, YouTube, and other services as it is. However, Emails and other information of the account are deleted. So let’s dive into the process of deleting the Gmail account.
- Open the Gmail homepage in your web browser and login to your account.
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right hand corner and then click on the “Settings” link.
- Here you can find out many different links. Click on the link that says “Accounts and Import”.
- Now click on the link “Other Google Account settings”.
- A new page appears where you can manage all the services related to your account.
- Under the “Account Preferences” tab, click on the link “Delete your account or services”.
- Again, a new page “Delete your account or services” appears where you need to click on the link “Delete Products”.
- A sign in page appears, where you need to enter the password. After you have entered the password, a list of the services is displayed.
- Before you proceed with the deletion, it is advised to download a copy of the data. Click on the “Download Data” button.
- You will be taken to a new page where you will be asked to download different data like: Bookmarks, Contacts, Drive, Fit, Google Photos, Google Play Books, Groups, Handsfree, Hangouts, Hangouts on Air, Keep, Mail, Maps, Searches, Tasks, etc. These data will be downloaded in their respective formats.
- After having downloaded the data, choose the option to delete the Gmail account by clicking on the Gmail icon right below the deletion page. You can choose to delete some other Google services as well.
- Then you will be asked to enter an alternate Email address to be able to use the Google Play, Docs, Calendar or other such services. Make sure that this needs not to be a Gmail address. A link will be sent to your new alternate Email address.
- After you have verified the Email address, you can click on the confirm deletion option to delete your Gmail.
· After the account confirmation, you will be prompted to enter your password to delete the Gmail. After the confirmation the Gmail account is deleted. Make sure that this process is not reversible.
The above steps ensure that the Gmail account is deleted in no time. In case of any problems encountered while deleting the Email, just give a call on Gmail customer support number 1-888-259-9422. Other Gmail related problems are also instantly fixed by the experts. 24*7 support is provided to ensure timely resolution to your problems.