How to set up 2-step verification for Gmail on your iPhone?
Gmail is a very popular Email service provided by Google. It can be used on all the Operating system and its respective devices available like iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Windows Phone, etc. There are dedicated Gmail apps for these devices. A majority of the information shared via Gmail turns out to be quite confidential. Hence, it becomes necessary to take proper precautions to safeguard your account from the persons with any malicious intent.
What is 2-Step verification?
In order to safeguard your data and information, Gmail provides you with the 2-step verification option to secure Gmail account. It can be enabled on all the devices that you own. After you have enabled this feature, you will be safeguarded from any malicious login attempts. If any person wishes to login to your account, they will be asked to verify the identity by receiving the code on phone or email address. This ensures that even if your password is known to the hackers, they can’t login to the account. Only after the successful verification of the account, the users are able to login to their account.
How to enable 2-factor authentication for iPhone?
A majority of people use Gmail on iPhone as it helps the users to utilize all the features of Gmail along with the benefits of iPhone. Gmail provides the entire features to the iPhone app as well. If required, you can also enable the 2-step authentication feature on the iPhone itself. The process is quite similar to enabling it on the PC. In order to enable the 2-factor authentication for your iPhone, just go through some of the simple steps mentioned below. But, before doing this you need to make sure that you have the Gmail app installed on your device. Download the latest version of the Gmail app from the app store.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and login to your account if you have not already done so.
- Tap on the Settings icon and visit the “Accounts and Imports” tab.
- Here several options are available to change the Google settings.
- Tap on the link “Other Google Account Settings”.
- Then a new window appears. Enter in your password to verify your identity.
- A new window “Sign-in & security” opens again.
- Tap on the link that says “Signing in to Google”.
- Tap the link that says “2-Step Verification”.
- In the new window that appears, tap on the link “Get Started”.
- Enter your password again and then in the new window that appears, you will be asked to enter the phone number where you want to receive the confirmation code.
- You can receive the confirmation code either via the text message or call.
- Enter this code in the text box that appears.
- Finally tap on the save button to enable the 2-factor authentication of your account.
In some cases, you may come across some problems with Gmail. Some of these can be fixed on your own, if you have a basic knowledge of the workings of Gmail. In some cases however, these problems may turn out to be a bit complex. In any such case, call Gmail customer care number and get the problem fixed instantly by the experts.
Contact Gmail Technical Support :-