Why should you change your Gmail password regularly?
Gmail is used by a majority of the users to send and receive emails. Some of them can use it to send private and sensitive information. If this information falls in the wrong hands, heavy losses may be incurred to the users. The losses suffered may be either financial or identity theft.
In such scenario it becomes necessary that you safeguard your safeguard your account and other information from the hackers. It therefore becomes necessary to change Gmail password on a regular basis. Changing your Gmail password ensures that you do not suffer during the attacks by the hackers. Changing your Gmail password also ensures that if any unauthorized person has access to your account, they are logged out of it as soon as the password is changed at your side.
Steps to change the Gmail password:
Changing the Gmail password is quite a simple process. There are two distinct methods using which you can change your Gmail password. Both of the steps changes Gmail password and secure the account is mentioned below. Just go through it to change the Gmail password on your own. If you do not wish to do this on, give a call on Gmail technical support number and get your password changed by the experts.
- Open the latest version of Gmail recommended browser on your PC.
- Visit gmail.com website and enter your username and password of your account.
- Click on the “Gear” icon and then select the “Settings” option.
- Here you can find a number of tabs to change different settings of your account.
- Click on the “Accounts and Import” button.
- Under the tab that says “Change account settings” click on the button “Change Password”.
- You will be asked to enter your current password.
- After that you will be asked to enter the new password twice.
- Finally, click on the “Continue” button to change the password.
Your password is finally changed. This password can be use to access your Gmail account on all the other devices.
- Visit Gmail.com in the latest version of the web browser recommended by Google.
- Log in to your Gmail account after entering your credentials if you have not already done so.
- Click on your account picture, and then click on the button “My Account”.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page.
- Under the "Sign-in & security tab" click on the link “Signing in to Google”.
- Click on the link that says “Password”.
- A new window appears where you will be asked to sign in to your account by entering your password.
- Fill in your new password and then select the “Change Password” option.
- Finally click on “Continue button to change the password.
Apart from this, you may come across some other problems with your Gmail account. In any such cases, you can seek expert help by dialing Gmail customer support number. For simple problems, you will be guided by the experts over the phone to fix the problem on your own. However in extreme cases, the problem is fixed via remote access to your device. 24*7 support is provided to fix your problem as soon as you come across the same.
Gmail Customer Support Number:-